Monday, August 24, 2009

Comments on Florida

So, as some of you may know, I am currently on a long needed vacation in St. Augustine Florida. I will chronicle what I have done so far since I've been here

Wednesday evening: Unpacked after a 13 hour drive and started my laptop up (which is awesome btw)

Thursday: Just kinda sat around and fooled on my laptop for a while since my dad had to attend some meeting with the rest of the homeowners

Friday: I woke up and wondered what day it was. It was a nice feeling. Drove into St. Augustine proper and explored the city. There's a ton of neat things there: the oldest parish in the nation, one of the oldest forts in the nation, the oldest wooden school house in the nation, etc. Just loads of history there. I also saw one of the biggest dogs I've ever seen there, a Newfoundlander. The fucking thing is a cross between a Great Dane (in size) and a Saint Bernard (in color scheme and fur). Beautiful dog.

Saturday: My brother in law (Dan) and his friend Jae arrive in the morning. I can't remember what we did that day.

Sunday: Played golf for the first time in a year. I kept score for the first few holes and then got frustrated and stopped until the back nine. I ended up drinking a few beers before the back nine and started par birdie bogie. I ended up with a 45, which is about an average score for me for nine holes. I got sunburn to shit and I am feeling it today.

Today: Went to the World Golf Hall of Fame and St. Augustine again. Had a really good ale at A1A Ale Works down in St. Auggie's; would recommend to anyone traveling in these parts.

Tomorrow: Visiting University of Northern Florida as a possible choice for grad school I think.

I will update tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. You've never seen a Newfoundland before? WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I didn't know they had existed until that day actually. My dad was thinking about getting either that or a Sheltie when we got our first dog, but the size of the dog was the main issue with three kids under the age of 10

    ReplyDelete